ARTIST IN RESIDENCE PROGRAM FEES AND FELLOWSHIPS
Monthly Residency Fee
Byrdcliffe’s Residency fee for our communal buildings is $750 per artist per monthly session. Please see session dates on our Monthly AiR Program page. Different fees apply for seasonal residencies and independent living residencies in Varenka and The Forge. A deposit of no less than 50% is due upon acceptance to the program with the remaining balance due one month prior to arrival. The residency deposit is non-refundable. In the case of a cancellation, we will only consider a refund of the residency fee if the space can be filled with another resident.
Byrdcliffe offers a number of fellowships each summer based on a combination of financial need and artistic merit, ranging from partial to full coverage of residency fees. To be eligible for a fellowship, artists must submit the first two pages of their most recent tax return with their application. Byrdcliffe graciously thanks all of our supporters! Including major contributions from The Pollock Krasner Foundation as well as the Milton & Sally Avery Arts Foundation, Bernard and Shirley Handel, the National Endowment for the Arts, numerous individual donors and local businesses, and artists like you!
Byrdcliffe offers the following fellowships for the upcoming season with help from our granting partners:
– The Pollock-Krasner Foundation Grant for Artists Affected by Natural Disaster (Full fee & stipend)
– The annual Mantooth/Morabito Fellowship for an artist of color (Full fee)
– The annual Ford/Knauth Fellowships for LGBTQIA+ artists (Full fee)
– The annual Bernard and Shirley Handel Playwright Fellowship (Full fee)
– Need based support provided by private donors and supporters (Ranging from $100 – full fee)
To be eligible for these fellowships, simply check the appropriate boxes in the Fellowship section of the application and provide financial information for need based awards.