It's the time of year for gatherings of friends and family, holiday celebrations...and year-end appeals. The Woodstock Byrdcliffe Guild is no different, in that in order to continue to thrive, it needs you: but Byrdcliffe is different in ways that make it especially deserving of your support this year.
• Your support helps preserve the historic buildings and natural beauty of the Byrdcliffe Art Colony. In the past year, we invested over $75,000 in maintaining and improving our properties, so we can continue to provide artists with an inspiring setting to pursue their work.
• Your support makes it possible for us to offer a wide range of programs that serve the local community and attract artists and visitors to our region from around the world. This year, we provided almost 100 artists with the opportunity to live and work at the Byrdcliffe Art Colony. We offered classes to over 260 regional artists in ceramics, jewelry, weaving, and writing, more than ever before, and this winter we are launching our new weaving class for beginners. Our outstanding exhibitions and programs at the Kleinert/James Center for the Arts attracted a record-setting 21,000 visitors in 2018.
• Your support helps to keep a dream alive — of an inclusive community of artists and artisans who create works of excellence. In the coming year, thanks to support from the Pollock-Krasner Foundation, we'll be converting one of our artist cottages to make it ADA compliant. In addition to our need-based fellowships, we also offer residencies to artists displaced by natural disasters, female artists, artists of color, and LGBTQ artists.
In short, the Woodstock Byrdcliffe Guild holds a uniquely important role in our region's history, in the cultural and economic life of our area, and in the lives of artists. Please consider a tax-deductible contribution to support this extraordinary organization.
P.S. A donation of $500 or more automatically qualifies you for membership at the Angel level!!
WAYS TO DONATE
1. You can print out the BYRDCLIFFE YEAR END APPEAL FORM, fill it out and mail it back to us at 34 Tinker Street, Woodstock, NY 12498.
2. Please call us at 845.679.2079 with your credit card.
3. Or, donate online!