The Twenty-second Annual 5 by 7 Show
Everyone’s favorite little show!
December 3-19 on view in the gallery, and online through December 31.
Friday, December 3, 12 noon – 7 pm
Exhibition preview in the gallery and online
You are invited to participate in the Twenty-second Annual 5 by 7 Show. Please make one or two small works for us!
The Kleinert/James Center for the Arts’ 5 by 7 Show is one of Woodstock’s premier events, showcasing artists from the Hudson Valley and beyond. The show is open to everyone and we accept and display all submissions. Works are exhibited anonymously, a fun way to give equal voice to all—so please only sign the back! 5 by 7 artworks are sold for $150 each.
This is a major fundraising event for Byrdcliffe. By contributing a small work, you help to support our high-quality programming in the arts, including exhibitions and performances. Your support is needed more than ever during this challenging time. There will not be Preview Party but an Open House for public viewing prior to offering the works for sale online as well as in person at the gallery. We look forward to hosting an event in 2022 to thank all participating artists.
Friday, December 3, 12 noon – 7 pm
Public preview of the show in the gallery and on the 5 by 7 show website.
Saturday, December 4, starting at 11 am
Works available for sale in the gallery (11 am – 6 pm) and on the 5 by 7 website. Gallery visitors admitted on a first-come-first-served basis; 20 people allowed in the gallery at a time.
Friday, December 17
Unsold works discounted to $75 for remainder of the show.
Kindly follow the submission process and guidelines below:
SUBMIT YOUR WORK ONLINE – NEW for 2nd YEAR
Submission due: MONDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2021
Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Artist name, title of work, medium
- email and phone number
- Digital image of the work in JPG format.
- Images should be no smaller than 1024 px and not larger than 2048 px on the longer dimension.
Please send quality photos of your work as whatever image you submit will be used on the 5 by 7 website.
- You may submit up to two (2) 5 by 7 works.
- FINAL SIZE: 5 by 7 inches (or 7 by 5 inches) including frame.
Every year we receive work in sizes other than 5 by 7. Unfortunately we must turn them away. WHY?…because it’s the 5 by 7 Show.
- Most 5 by 7s are on unframed canvas boards; complimentary boards available to all participating artists.
To receive a board (or two), stop by the office (Monday – Friday, 10 am – 4 pm) or the Byrdcliffe Shop (Saturday – Sunday, 12 noon – 5 pm.)
- ALL MEDIA ACCEPTED
For sculptural works, 5 by 7 base and any height up to 7 inches. 5 by 7 shadowboxes are great for jewelry.
- Works on paper do NOT need to be framed.
- Artwork must be dry (and if framed, ready to hang); wet paintings will not be accepted.
- Participants under the age of 16; indicate age on back of work.
- Please DO NOT write your name on the front of the work.
- Write on the BACK only: your name, address, phone number, and email; also, please indicate the top of work. This information allows us to thank you and inform you of the purchaser in the event your work sells.
DELIVERY OF WORK
Deliver your work anytime from NOW until Monday, November 15th.
Woodstock Byrdcliffe Guild (attn. 5 x 7 Show)
34 Tinker Street, Woodstock, NY 12498.
Include a self-addressed stamped envelope if you’d like unsold work mailed to you after the show closes.
DROP OFF WORK:
At the Byrdcliffe administrative offices (Monday – Friday, 10 am – 4 pm)
Follow the path to the right of Baird’s General Store at 34 Tinker Street, Woodstock, NY
or the Byrdcliffe Shop (Saturday – Sunday, 12 noon – 5 pm) at 36 Tinker Street, Woodstock, NY
PICK UP OF WORK
SOLD WORKS: Pick-up by purchaser, starting Sunday, December 19.
UNSOLD WORKS: Pick-up by artist, January 4 – 31, 2022.
Work left after January 31st will be discarded as we have reached our capacity to store unsold work.
Any questions, please contact Ursula Morgan, Director of Exhibitions, at email@example.com.
Your participation makes a real difference to us.
We look forward to seeing your 5 by 7 artwork this year!
A sample of 2020 works