The Woodstock Byrdcliffe Guild’s permanent collection includes nearly 200 examples of Arts and Crafts furniture, decorative arts, and two-dimensional works created during the golden age of the Byrdcliffe Arts Colony, founded in 1902 by Ralph Radcliffe Whitehead, Jane Byrd McCall Whitehead, Bolton Coit Brown, and Hervey White.
Byrdcliffe’s collection can be consulted on the joint database of the Hudson Valley Visual Arts Collection Consortium (HVVACC).
HVVACC comprises the Center for Photography at Woodstock, the Samuel Dorsky Museum of Art, Women’s Studio Workshop, Woodstock Artists Association and Museum, and the Woodstock Byrdcliffe Guild. Its purpose is to raise awareness of the Hudson Valley’s rich artistic and creative culture, both past and present, and to increase access to the works in the participating institutions’ permanent collections for the educational benefit of scholars, students, curators, historians, authors, and the people of the Hudson Valley.
ALF EVERS ARCHIVE
The Alf Evers Archive consists of approximately 12,000 documents collected by historian Alf Evers as research for his books, including rare magazines and maps, clippings on hundreds of subjects of regional and national importance, and over 8,000 slides and other photographs. For more information and to schedule a research appointment, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALF EVERS LIBRARY
The Alf Evers Library includes approximately 1,500 books from the library of Alf Evers, consisting largely of U.S. history, urban studies, art and architecture, biography, and memoirs. The library catalogue is an ongoing project; an appointment to visit the library can be made by calling 845.679.2079.
The acquisition of the Alf Evers Archive and Library was made possible through donations from Arline Lederman and Ed Friedman, and the Douglas C. James Charitable Trust.
Special thank you to our sponsor: